Anime Fargo is happy to announce our annual AMV Contest at Anime Fargo 2018: Galactic Advetures! If you submit a video to the AMV Contest, be sure to make it to the AF Con Events panel at the convention to see the winning entries!
Entries will be judged prior to the convention. We will show the winning entries during a special panel at the convention.
Winners will be announced, awards given out, and winning entries played during a special panel during the convention. Awards will vary based on number of entries. At least three awards—first, second, and third place—will be given. More prizes may be awarded at the judges’ discretion. We may post winning videos on the Anime Fargo website as well. <pew pew>
- All entries must be received IN ADVANCE by Saturday, July 29, 2018 at 11:59 pm CST. Absolutely no entries will be accepted after this date.
- One entry per person, please.
- Please submit only your own work. Entries by multiple producers will not be accepted.
- We will only accept digital submissions meeting the following digital criteria:
- Files may be AVI, MPEG, MP4, or WMV. Other formats, such as Realmedia or Quicktime, will be rejected. If we cannot view your video file, your video will be disqualified.
- Video files may be submitted in ZIP or RAR, if necessary for saving space in your submission email.
- Video bumpers (intro/outro/credits) should be as short as possible.
- All videos must be less than 7 minutes in length total, including bumpers.
- Anime Fargo is a family friendly convention, so we will not accept any of the following:
- Sexual content (hentai)
- Excessive violence
- Excessive profanity (including song lyrics and other audio)
Judges will make the final decision as to whether violence, profanity, etc. is considered “excessive.” You may contact the mini contests lead for more details if you feel your video may come close to violating this rule.
- At least 75% of footage in your entry must be Japanese animation or it will be disqualified.
- This does not include RWBY, Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra, or other types of animation that is not Japanese in origin.
- We will accept submissions based on videogames that are Japanese in origin (such as Final Fantasy, Fatal Frame, etc.).
- Please do not submit videos that have won contests at other conventions.
- Any entry not following these rules is subject to disqualification.
- You must be registered for Anime Fargo by the submission deadline in order for your entry to be considered for an award.
Submitting Your Entry:
Entries are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following information:
- Your real name and badge name
- Your email address
- The title of your entry
- A brief summary of your entry
- The title(s) of the Japanese anime your entry is based on
- Your entry, as an attached file (.avi, .mpeg, .mp4, .wmv, which may be included in a .zip or .rar file)
By submitting an entry to the AMV Contest, you grant permission for your video to be played at the awards panel and displayed on the Anime Fargo website.
Inquiries, Questions or Entries can be directed to: