Anime Fargo is happy to announce our annual Fanfiction Contest at Anime Fargo 2018: Galactic Adventures! If you submit a story to the Fanfiction Contest, be sure to make it to the AF Con Events panel at the convention to see the winning entries!
Judging will take place before the convention by a panel of staff members. The panel will choose first, second, and third place overall winners, and may incorporate additional Judge’s Choice awards for entries that fit the year’s theme particularly well.
Winners will be announced at a special panel during the convention. Excerpts from the winning stories will be read aloud by the judges during the panel at the convention.
All submissions will be assembled into a PDF file and made available on the Anime Fargo website after the convention. Pen names will be used in the PDF unless no pen name is provided.
- All entries must be received IN ADVANCE by Saturday, July 29, 2018 at 11:59 pm CST.
- One entry per person, please.
- Please submit only your own work. Stories with multiple authors will not be accepted.
- Each entry must be based on a source that is Japanese in origin. We will accept fanfiction based on anime, manga, and video game sources.
- Entries exceeding a PG-13 rating will not be accepted. This means no excessive vulgar language, extreme violence, or explicit sexual content.
- Entries must be a minimum of 1,000 words and a maximum of 5,000 words in length.
- All entries must be written in English. Please keep non-English terms and phrases to a minimum.
- Each entry must be a complete, stand-alone story.
- Entries will be judged based on the original source. Alternate universes, extreme character changes, etc. will put your entry at a disadvantage.
- Please spell-check your entry before submission. Glaring spelling mistakes will put your entry at a disadvantage.
- You must be registered for Anime Fargo by the submission deadline in order for your entry to be considered for an award.
Fanfiction Submission Instructions:
Entries are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following information:
- Your real name and badge name
- Your pen name (optional)
- Your email address
- The title of your entry
- A brief summary of your entry
- The title(s) of the Japanese anime, manga, and/or video game your entry is based on
- Your entry, as an attached file (.doc, .docx, .pdf)
By submitting an entry to the Fanfiction Contest, you grant permission for your story to be read aloud at the awards panel and displayed on the Anime Fargo website.
Inquiries, Questions or Entries can be directed to: