- All contestants must read and agree to follow all rules of the Cosplay Contest.
- All contestants must be registered attendees of Anime Fargo and possess an Anime Fargo Convention Badge.
- Costumes that have won a major award (Best in Show, 1st Place in a category, etc) at any convention are ineligible to receive a major award at Anime Fargo.
- Please be upfront about any awards your costume has won in the past, if any.
- If you have any questions about major awards or category placement, please contact the cosplay coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- By registering for the Cosplay Contest, all contestants agree to allow Anime Fargo to use their images for promotional purposes, both photographs and video.
- All convention policies must be upheld during the entirety of the Cosplay Contest. Anyone seen/reported breaking Anime Fargo rules will be disqualified.
- Each contestant may only appear on stage in ONE entry, whether this is a walk-on or performance entry.
- Best in Craftsmanship
- Best in Performance
- Masters – 1st Place
- Masters – Runner Up
- Journeyman – 1st Place
- Journeyman – Runner Up
- Novice – 1st Place
- Novice – Runner-Up
- Please Note: Awards are at the discretion of the Judges and Cosplay Coordinators each year.
- Examples may also include:
- Best Theme Representation
- Judges Choice
- Best…. Prop, SFX Makeup, Up and Coming, etc
- The Kamikaze Snowmen Memorial No-Prize for Excellence in Awesome Award
Anime Fargo defines Major Awards as receiving from any convention: Best in Show, 1st in category (1st place novice, etc), Best Performance, etc. If you have any questions about major awards or category placement, please contact the cosplay coordinators at email@example.com .
*Best Representation of Theme is eligible to all participants.
Awards for Novice, Journeyman, and Master are only eligible to those participating in Workmanship Judging.