As a general note: Anime Fargo staff members have the final say on whether something is appropriate/inappropriate. If it’s illegal outside the con, it’s illegal inside the con. Anime Fargo reserves the right to change our policies at any time. That said, we want all congoers to have fun and be able to proudly display their costumes!
Anyone deemed to violate these policies will be asked to change or leave the convention by a staff member.
For the purposes of this policy, a “costume” includes all parts of a cosplay, including clothing, accessories, carried items, props, etc.
- Badges must be visible at all times, regardless of your costume/dress. Please wear your badge somewhere on your torso (between neck and waist).
- Shoes must be worn at all times. This is a hygiene issue, as well as common sense. Socks and bare feet are not okay!
- Costumes must cover the “private areas” of the body. As a general guide, wear what a two piece swimsuit (bikini) would cover. This includes wearing non-see-through material for these areas.
- Remember, this is a family-friendly convention, and there will be children present. Profane language or symbols as part of a costume or printed on normal clothing will not be tolerated.
- Be tasteful with regards to clothing that may be religiously or governmentally offensive in any way.
- Cosplayers are asked to be mindful of the radius of their costumes and props. Some cosplays can be large and elaborate. However, if you are unintentionally (or intentionally) taking out other congoers left and right (for example, with a sword/staff or large stiff wig), you will be asked to retire the offending item or costume.
- No projectiles are allowed. This includes operating airsoft guns, filled water guns, and NERF gun darts.
- Any weapon props must be visibly peace bound.
- Live steel is permissible, but it must be peace bonded into the sheath. If there is no way to bind it into the sheath it is NOT allowed in the con space. It CANNOT come out of the sheath at any time during the convention.If it is found that you have broken your peace bond and unsheathed your live steel you will be spoken to by security and consequences will follow.
- Any projectile weapons must be unfireable. How this is accomplished is up to the attendee. Some actions that will achieve this goal may include removing the firing mechanism, removing the firing pin, or making the slide/magazine load non-functioning. All projectile weapons will be peace bonded with a zip tie in such a fashion that the trigger cannot be pulled, as an added safety measure. If the peace bond is found to be removed, you will be directed to security and consequences will follow.
- All non steel and non projectile weapons or props must be peace tied. This will be done with a non permanent marking in a visible location on the prop that indicates that your prop has been approved by security to be in the convention space. Once again, if a peace tie is found to have been removed you will be directed to security and consequences will follow accordingly.
- Consequences for removing a peace tie/peace bond will be determine depending on the type of weapon or prop, any actions involving the prop/weapon in question, and whether you have been previously approached in regards to the issue.
- Consequences will be at the discretion of security and the convention chairs. All decisions made will be non negotiable and final.
- Anime Fargo fully believes that COSPLAY IS NOT CONSENT. Please be respectful of your fellow congoers. We have no tolerance for harassment.