Cosplay Contest Info
It’s no secret that cosplaying is a core part of a great convention, so of course we at Anime Fargo are more than happy to host a cosplay contest for all of our registrants! Please see below for information about this year’s cosplay contest as well as general guidelines for the contest. It’s also a good idea to check out our Cosplay/Weapons Policy prior to the convention.
NOTE: The information below is subject to change and will be updated as soon as we know more! If you have questions after reading through the entire information/policies/FAQ, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via our Facebook page.
Anime Fargo Cosplay Contest Information and Policies
- Sign Up: Sign Up and Liability Forms will be available on line. A costume or uniform recreating or resembling any local, state, or federal law enforcement will not be allowed. If you cannot provide proof that you are a law enforcement officer you will be asked to change. Entries due by September 8th by 5pm Central time.
- Skits: If performing a skit or using music please keep it under 2 1/2 minutes long. You are responsible for any copyrights.
- Workmanship Judging: If you are submitting a skit please also consider submitting photographs for Workmanship judging. Front, back, and side are ideal. Any close ups of particular details is also encouraged. Submitting a video of you describing your costume for the Workmanship judges is encouraged even though it won’t be shown online. Workmanship judging is optional, but strongly encouraged!
- Best Prop
- Best Novice
- Runner Up Novice
- Best Journeyman Class
- Runner up Journeyman Class
- Best Master Class
- Runner up Master Class
- Best Representation of Theme*
Awards for Novice, Journeyman, and Master are only eligible to those participating in Workmanship Judging.
*Best Representation of Theme is eligible to all participants.
Please register at the bottom of this page. Online Deadline – Sept 8, 2021 by 5pm CST In person sign up can be done Friday after 6pm until 9 PM for sign ups. As well as Saturday morning before orientation and afterwards until Noon.
Cosplay Contest FAQ
Are group entries allowed?
- Yes, please keep in mind that each individual will be judged on their Cosplay and not as a group.
Are skits allowed?
- Yes! The time limit is 2 1/2 minutes.
I’m not sure if I’m novice, journeyman, or master. What do I pick?
- When in doubt pick Novice. If your skills are higher than that our Judges will move you to the level they feel you fit in best.
What is Workmanship Judging?
- Workmanship judging will be performed by our Cosplay contest coordinator and guest Cosplay Judges. They consider overall look, difficulty of build, and details of craftsmanship.
- This years judges are ChinguCosplay .
ChinguCosplay is a 2-person team based out of Fargo, North Dakota.
Malina (35) and Paige (30) started making costumes together in 2014. ChinguCosplay debuted as a team at San Diego Comic-Con 2015 with Paige cosplaying Sheik (Hyrule Warriors). Malina enjoys casual cosplay and works mainly as the props creator and handler/manager. Paige enjoys modeling the team’s cosplay and works with the overall build of the team’s projects. They have experience in foamsmithing, pattern making, and sewing.
- Roseelisabeth Cosplay (Also on Instagram as that name), will be our judge who won the 2019 Master Award in the Cosplay Contest!
Hi I’m rose I’ve been cosplaying since 2011 i love creating cosplays with big props and testing my limits. I specialize in eva foam and makeup. Ive work as a makeup artist for haunted houses in the past. And My favorite character is rose quartz.
Can I enter with the same costume I’ve used in previous years?
- Yes, but you’ll be asked how you’ve changed or improved your costume. In this case, progress photos would be strongly encouraged.
Are there prizes for winning? What are they?
- Yes. The best of in each class will win free registration to next year’s convention. Any other prizes TBA.
How many photos can I enter?
- 10 photos (which includes videos) are allowed. Please include 1 video (if you can) explaining your costume idea and production for the workmanship judges.
Will my photos be displayed on the internet?
- Yes your costume photos will be online.