Please review all the Cosplay Contest Rules and Regulations below for Anime Fargo. Rules are subject to change. When in doubt, contact the Anime Fargo Cosplay Coordinators at email@example.com .
- Contestants must have made at least 70% or more of their cosplay themselves to be considered for Craftsmanship Category.
- One entry per person: one walk-on or one skit. You cannot do both.
- Costumes that have won a major award (Best in Show, 1st Place in a category, etc) at any convention are ineligible to receive a major award at Anime Fargo.
- Please be upfront about any awards your costume has won in the past, if any.
- If you have any questions about major awards or category placement, please contact the cosplay coordinators.
- Anime Fargo is an all-ages event. Content should not go beyond a PG-13 rating.
- Offensive language of any kind is not allowed – no racial or sexual epithets; no profanity, etc.
- No sexual activity or contact – real or implied.
- Excessively revealing clothing or costumes are not permitted. Private areas must be covered with opaque cloth at all times. Attendees in excessively revealing attire will be asked to change. Your attire must cover all areas normally covered by a swimsuit, as well as nipples (regardless of gender).
- Footwear must be worn at all times.
- All costumes and props must adhere to Anime Fargo’s safety, dress, and weapon policies. Please review: Cosplay/Weapon Policy
- Any modifications made to costumes or props to fit within these rules will not be counted against the contestant during craftsmanship judging.
- If you have questions about your content, please feel free to ask at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No fire, flame, smoke, fog, dry ice, wind machines, lasers, pressurized gases or liquids.
- Absolutely no loose glitter is allowed in ANY form.
- No messy substances – wet, dry, or oily – on stage or in the designated Masquerade rooms.
- No part of your performance or costume may leave the stage and go into the audience.
- No jumping on or off stage – please use the officially designated stage entrances and exits.
- You may surprise the audience, but please never surprise the staff/judges.
- Any props/scenic elements that are larger than handheld need to be submitted to the Cosplay Coordinators for approval.
- Contestants may not use stage time to make political, religious, insulting, or other demonstrations not related to their entry.
- Contestants who violate any of our performance rules may have their performance stopped and may be disqualified.
- Any stage combat must be safe for all cosplayers and convention property. All stage combat must be reviewed by Cosplay Coordinators prior to competition. All stage combat must stay on the stage.
- There will be no live steel or real weapons allowed! Any prop guns must be obviously props (i.e. marked with an orange tip.) Prop firearms cannot be pointed at the audience at any time and fingers must remain off the trigger. Please see Cosplay/Weapon Policy
- Any contestants found in violation of Anime Fargo’s policies will be stripped of any awards won for that year. Depending on severity, the contestant may be barred from future competitions, determined by the Coordinator and Anime Fargo Lead Chair.
If you still have questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com .